This class prepares you for all three parts of the 6 hour AWS exam, topics include:
- General information, terminology, welding metallurgy, welding symbols, destructive and nondestructive testing.
- Learning your way around the D1.1, how to reference it quickly and how it applies in the field.
- Use of inspection tools, measuring welds and discontinuities, when can discontinuities be accepted and rejected.
Due to AWS' new exam requirements and schedule we are changing the format of our CWI class.
The schedule for this CWI class will be the following:
Class 1 August 10th - Go over application requirements and exam prep.
Class 2 September 14th - Part B and General Requirements
Class 3 September 21st - Part B and General Requirements
Class 4 September 28th - Part B and General Requirements
Class 5 October 5th - Part B final exam and review
October 12th Part B exam in Long Beach, CA
Class 6 October 19th - Code Requirements (D1.1)
Class 7 October 26th - Code Requirements (D1.1)
Class 8 November 2nd - Closed Book (General Requirements) and Code (D1.1) final exam and review
|Course Date||08-10-2019 8:00 am|
This course prepares you to take the City of Los Angeles Certified Welder written exam
|Course Date||09-08-2019 8:00 am|
This course trains you to be a Special Inspector for Structural Welding.
Topics include: Duties and responsibilities, understanding of applicable building codes, reference material and construction practices for welding of structural steel, identification of materials, proper testing procedures, report writing and structural blueprint reading.
|Course Date||09-29-2019 8:00 am|
This course trains you to be a certified Soils Special Inspector.
- verifying excavations
- classifying and testing of controlled fill
- verifying use of materials, densities, lift thicknesses during placement and compaction of controlled fill inspecting subgrade and site preparation prior to fill placement.
|Course Date||11-16-2019 8:00 am|